Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Fall Blowout on the 'Worm

This past weekend I solo-hiked the Angleworm Lake trail.

Trail-Panorama


Unfortunately due to a 'wardrobe malfunction' with my boots, I had to turn back just before getting half way around. They barely held together long enough to make it out. The boots are (were) Columbia Bugabootoos and had served me reliably for several years. But the 'Worm ate them up like they were white bread dipped in gravy. Needless to say I learned an important lesson about using the proper tool for the job. I won't make the same mistake twice.

Blowout 1 Blowout 2 Blowout 3


My trip report is still pending. Click on any of the photos above to get to my Flickr page with the rest of the photos.

2 comments:

  1. Is "pending" as used here a unit of time? I'm very interested in your report. Please don't torment me (like the Dharma Bum has) by not blogging about the details of this BWCA trip.

    Sorry about the boots - I've had similar problems.

    Any fish? grouse? other people?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric,

    I outlined my 'Story' and it's a flippin Manifesto! You're right, The dharma bum is living up to the 'bum' part of his name and not writing about his trip. I cannot let this happen to me!

    Anyway, I got the Preamble and Day 1 out there today. Finally. All questions will be answered in detail eventually, but to answer the three you asked, No, Yes and Way Too Bleeping Many.

    Thanks and keep checking back!

    ReplyDelete