Thursday, October 27, 2005

Thunderstick

My shotgun is a Remington Model 11 Autoloading shotgun.
It's serial number tells me that it was manufactured in 1921. It has the old-style safety (In front of the trigger) that they used from 1905 until 1928 when they switched to a more modern cross bolt safety incorporated into the trigger guard behind the trigger.

My father bought it second hand from the hardware store in Underwood for $10 back in 1939. As the story goes it was originally marked $20 and he walked away from it twice. Each time he walked away the price came down $5. The price was right at $10 (Keep in mind that $10 was the equivelent of $133 back in 1939), but my dad still wasn't going to buy the gun because he wouldn't have any money left to buy shells. The shopkeeper threw in a $.75 box of shells and the deal was struck.

66 years later the days of $.75 boxes of shells are long gone,
but the old girl is still knocking down birds.

Take a look at what I'm wearing, people...  You think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing THESE bad boys?  FORGET about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment