Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sweeter than Two Below, Honey

The Gruesome TwosomeWell, we survived the big saturday fishing trip, and we brought home some fish to boot.

Unfortunately my camera was not so fortunate and died out on the lake so I only managed to get these two photos. I put us right on top of the fish as you can see in the second photo of my friend Roberto and his first crappie ever, plus the first keeper ever pulled up in my home made fish house. All said and done we kept 1 decent crappie plus three others I would have tossed back if we weren't trying to piece together a modest meal for Roberto and his kids. A little fruit off the tree is good incentive for planning another trip.

Success!Oh yeah, I also got me a small walleye, who got sent back to grow some more. All in all it was a great trip, I even talked on the phone to one of the guys who canceled, who seemed a little dismayed to hear that not only had we NOT frozen to death but in fact we were so warm in the fish house that we had to shed clothes to stay warm, and that the fishing action was, well, active.

Some more pictures maybe later of when we got back to Roberto's house and his kids saw the fish.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I'm glad that you had some action - fish can be hard to come by during really cold weather.

    Sorry about your camera. My new Canon Powershot 630 takes AA batteries and was purchased after too many similar cold weather lithium-ion battery letdowns.

    Some personal questions:

    Roughly, how much did your fish house cost? I'm thinking of building two or three of them and setting them up on some of the better lakes around my house.

    Also, I didn't catch the name of the lake on which you were fishing. ;-)

    Another great post, Terry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eric,

    I think I spent around a hundred on it. All the material is new plus I went with the 'heavier dutier' tarp. There were also some other additional expenditures in there like a set of four ratcheting tie-downs hence the ballpark figure. Say about a hun, I guess.

    The lake and the spot I was on is no secret, meaning that I thought everybody else was there too. (Wait a minute, were you the guy who practically parked on top of me?) There was some guy with a satellite TV and a generator that ran from when we got there to when we left. So much for enjoying mother nature!

    Anyway if you are really curious about the lake send me an email and I'll let you know but no friggin' way am I going to publish it here. I don't want that guy with the generator following me!

    ReplyDelete