Thursday, January 10, 2008

Fish House Design

In my previous post I was not exactly truthful when I said that the design specifications were "contained entirely in my own head" - My notebook operates as an extension of my head. While these aren't really designs (You wont find any measurements or list of supplies here) here is a peek at my concept drawings. The fish house turned out pretty close to this except that I haven't had a chance to do the windows yet and I need to add a second vent.

I can't wait to get back out in it.


(60) Deck and Substructure (61) Front view (Radius approximate)
Fish-house-1


(62) Rear (Again radius is approximate) (63) Window assembly concepts
Fish-house-2

2 comments:

  1. Hey Terry - Cool drawings - I still have the sketch of the design of my first fish house in an old notebook somewhere. The floor was constructed of 2/6's and 3/4 inch plywood - such a bad idea. The completed project weighed close to 300 pounds.

    I'm still not seeing any photos. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hang on already ya big friggin baby! ;-)

    I used 2x4's and 1/2" OSB and that's bad enough. The original house I based this off of used 1x's and now I know why.

    I don't know how much my house weighs but if the wind ever takes it and it starts sailing across the lake, it would be a good idea to get out of the way.

    ReplyDelete